Thursday 28/07 15h-18h45
Rue van Arteveldestraat 70, 1000 Brussel
Do you have some ideas about queer communities you are burning to share with others? Some questions you wish to raise and discuss? Desires, needs or critiques about queer spaces that you’d like to bring to the table? Or maybe you’re curious to hear what topics other people want to bring up and are eager to participate in some discussions? Come and join the open space meeting about queer communities!
An open space meeting starts with a central theme, around which participants can bring up the discussion topics that are most urgent to them. Those who bring a proposion to the table are called “conveners” and will host a working session that allows other participants to contribute and share ideas around this proposed topic. All other participants will be welcomed to join in on the working sessions of their own choosing and contribute to these according to their best abilities.
All queer and/or trans, inter, non-binary, gender-nonconforming people who are interested in the topic “Queer communities in (and around) Brussels” and committed to participating to the best of their ability.
15-15:30: Welcome and introduction
15:30-16u: Inviting proposals
16u-16u15: Proposals market
16u15-17u: Open space session 1
17u-17u20: Closing of session 1
17u20-18u05: Open space session 2
18u05-18u25: Closing of session 2
18u25-18u45: Closing circle
“OPEN SPACE TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN DEFINED AS:
• A simple, powerful way to catalyze effective working conversations and truly inviting organizations – to thrive in times of swirling change
• a methodological tool that enables self-organizing groups of all sizes to deal with hugely complex issues in a very short period of time.
• a powerful group process that supports positive transformation in organizations, increases productivity, inspires creative solutions, improves communication and enhances collaboration.
• the most effective process for organizations and communities to identify critical issues, voice to their passions and concerns, learn from each other, and, when appropriate, take collective responsibility for finding solutions.
• The goal of an Open Space Technology meeting is to create time and space for people to engage deeply and creatively around issues of concern to them.
• The agenda is set by people with the power and desire to see it through, and typically, Open Space meetings result in transformative experiences for the individuals and groups involved.”
You can find more info on open space meetings here: https://artofhosting.org/what-is-aoh/methods/open-space-technology/